Here’s How to Add Value to Others, and Why Do It
The basic difference between success and significance is that significance comes when you add value to others, and success is actually having true significance. So you want to have significance.
Sounds easy enough; so how do I do it?
We aren’t wired to add value to others, at least I don’t believe we are. Man/woman through time and strange teaching has come to a place of looking out for number one, so when he/she lives like that, they attract nothing. People habitually want to live for themselves, think short term, go for instant gratification. We know deep inside that living this way isn’t right – yet we do it anyway believing that somehow it will help us pay the bills (survive.)
Conditionally, we don’t do things that attract significance. It takes us out of our comfort zone and into an area that feels downright strange. However take a moment to think about the people you know in your community who have past on and wonder did they leave anything of significance. Of course, it’s hard to tell. They may have influenced a ton of people who even today have changed lives because of their life.
What I am getting at is that most people die as if they have never lived. It’s a rare commodity when you find someone who pursues things that are truly greater than they.
Katherine Graham said, “To love what you do and feel that it matters – how could anything be more fun?” Do you think your life matters? Some live and hate what they do but feel it does matter. Think if you loved it, and it mattered, too. Cool!
1. Motives can’t be selfish. When you help others, you help yourself. When you help yourself, you may not help others. Make sense?
2. With significance your influence can be unlimited.
3. Did you know significance can last several generations? (Read number 2.)
4. Significance asks, “How can I add value to others?”
5. The reward is bigger when you add significance to others. Try pursuing success. Yes, it’s rewarding, but the reward gets even bigger when we help others become successful. It’s a law of the universe.
When you add value to others, awesome things start to happen in your own world. And you simply can’t put a price tag on that.
Think about your goals and ask – how is this helping others succeed?
Incoming search terms:
- how to add value to yourself
- adding value to yourself
- how to add value to your self
- how to add more value to yourself
- how to add value to oneself
- how to add value to myself
- how do you add value to yourself
- how can i add value to myself
- how to value others?